“observation” for 7 days
- I notice that when I let my lamp light up at night, the reflections of me and my room on the window will overlap the lights came from all these buildings outside. It feels like I have a bunch of architectural models in my room. Or, I have the night sky in my room? Sounds romantic.
- I saw a new released amazing movie in Oculus VR called “Dear Anjelica”. It’s drawn by an artist with aVR illustration tool called “Quill”. The tool let you draw in real 3D space by waving your arms and hands in the air when you wearing the VR headset. You can change colors, brushes, and effects with the selection button in your handset.
- Today is a snowing day. When I was waiting for the R train to school in the WTC station, there are some little white things fall off from ceiling. I thought they are dusts at first. Turns out they are snow flakes came from windows on top of my head. But the window has an angle hiding in the ceiling so I never noticed before.
- I saw a foam human head model on a desk in our floor. It feel like a young girl but I don’t know why I get this feeling because it has no hair and no color. It has a kind of calm and peace facial expression, and Its cheek and forehead are glowing because the material reflect the surrounding light. It is so alive and beautiful with the foam texture on the surface.
- When I have class in room 50 and the professor was writing some notes on the white board. I notice that the board can’t be wiped up totally. I can recognize some notes from last class, and the class before. Hand writing over Hand writing, but no one care.
- Today when I get off the train and walking with all these strangers in the tunnel to exit the station, I feel so interesting that I can differentiate so many different kinds of shoes just from the sounds around me. Sneaker with low and light sound, Heigh heel with different sharp sound according to the hight, shape and material of the heel. It can make a music maybe.
- I have a so annoying toilet paper holder in my bathroom. It is a rod that the left head is fix to the wall, and the right head with a little bigger panel slightly lean down so that the toilet roll with gravity can be hold by the panel. The problem is, since the panel is smaller than the tube in the center of the paper roll, every time I pull the paper, it will roll and fall off the rod.
MAKE A “THING” THAT COMMUNICATES WHAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING IN THIS CLASS
In this class I want to organize my mind about design, because I don't have any design education background and most of my ideas came from my instinct. So I was looking for something which can organize itself so that the processing can conduct the theme of "organization". Then the phenomenon, stratification, popped up in my mind. I bought a clear bottle and pour 3 materials with different density, which are olive oil, water with white pigment, and uncooked rice, into it.